Men are at in increased risk of getting skin cancer because of increased sun exposure and less use of SPF.
In the modern world men and women are for sure equal in every aspect but when it comes to skin cancer, men are more prone to it than women. A recent study conducted by the researchers around the world has concluded that men are at a higher risk of facing skin cancer than women. Yes! You read it right. They are more vulnerable to both melanoma and non-melanoma cancer. The reasons why men are at increased risk of skin cancer than females are:
1. Men are more exposed to the sun than women. They have to work outside and remain exposed in the sunlight for a longer time which increases their risk of getting skin cancer.
2. Women apply more make-up containing SPF and sunscreen than men which protects their skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Men usually do not apply sunscreens or other lotions while being out in the sun. They don’t generally invest time and money in a skin care routine.
3. The skin of men is often more thick with less amount of fat. It also contains more collagen and elastin because of which their skin is more firm and tight.
4. Men do not take care of their skin and do not visit the doctors frequently. Even if they notice some form of abnormality with their skin, they tend to ignore it and do not like to visit a doctor.
5. They have less hair to cover up the scalp and ears because of which the skin at that place is more exposed to the sun making it vulnerable.
A few months back the famous celebrity, Hugh Jackman shared an instagram post telling the masses about his own skin cancer story whereby he urged the people to use sunscreen and visit a doctor as soon as they notice any skin deformity. This is like a wakeup call for men who are at an increased risk of facing this deadly disease.
Because of the above reasons men are two times more likely to develop skin cancer than women. The best way to protect oneself from this deadly disease is preventing, detecting early and treating it promptly. Men should use more of sunscreen and avoid going out in the sun during the day as much as possible. Along with that it is very important to seek medical supervision as soon as they notice any skin problem for early detection. So all the men out there, always remember- Stick to the shade, cover up and use SPF because only you can protect yourself!
You may be interested
Activate Your Body’s Self-Recovery Mechanism Through Unique Saral 4-ScienceSaral Health - June 21, 2018
Optimal health is the ideal state of mental and physical well-being of a person and not just the absence of illness. It is a state of peak…
Low Blood Sugar Is Dangerous | Fight It In A Natural &Scientific WaySaral Health - May 11, 2018
Can low blood sugar cause death? How does this happen? Learn more at Saral health! Our lives are plagued by various diseases and in India we see…